The following are required to be admitted into the OILS EdS Certificate program:
- A Master's degree from an accredited college or university with a 3.5 GPA
- Positive recommendations
- Goals or objectives that can be reasonably achieved through a degree in this program
When the file is complete and the faculty have determined that the applicant has met the Program's basic criteria, applicants will be invited for a twenty-minute interview with at least one faculty member of the OILS Program. If the applicant cannot appear for the interview, the applicant may be contacted for a phone/Skype interview. The interview will serve as one final assessment of the applicant's fit with the Program.
Your ONLINE Application must be submitted by the following deadlines:
|Admission Term||Application Deadline|
NOTE: Applicants would be well advised to ensure their files are complete prior to the deadline date. Incomplete files will not be reviewed. Therefore, new applications will need to be submitted reflecting a future semester. Therefore, new applications will need to be submitted reflecting a future semester. Applicants will be notified of their admission status by a letter from the UNM Office of Graduate Admissions, as well as a letter from the Program.
ALSO NOTE: You are responsible for notifying the Program Office in writing of any changes in your name, address, telephone numbers, and email address before, as well as after, acceptance into the Program.
The Program Required Documentation are to be uploaded to the Online Application. Everything should be ready to be uploaded at the time the applicant fills out the Online Application. Once the application has been submitted, the applicant cannot re-enter the application to add any additional information.
- A Letter of Intent must detail the reasons for requesting admission, including a summary of future professional plans and why –the EdS Certificate is necessary for the accomplishment of these plans. The letter should also include a full description of past academic and professional accomplishments and relevant experience. Any additional information which can be supplied will add to the evaluators' review.
- A Current Resume providing a summary of the applicant's experience and how this experience relates to the proposed study in OILS. Publications, memberships in professional organizations, and speaking engagements are examples.
- Three Recommendations made via the ONLINE application from persons familiar with your academic ability and potential. While filling out the online application, the application system will prompt the applicant to enter the email addresses of the three recommenders. Recommenders will recieve emails from the application system requesting their recommendations. The recommenders will submit their recommendations, which may include letters, electronically to the application system.
- One Recent Sample of Professional or Scholarly Writing by the applicant.
- Official Results from the Miller’s Analogies Test (M.A.T.) or the Graduate Record Examination (G.R.E.) taken within the previous three years. If you have not taken one of these tests, schedule and take either the M.A.T or G.R.E. in a timely fashion, so that the results are received in the Program Office before the Program deadline. (You may submit your copy of the results to meet the deadline, until the official results are received by the Program).
- Apply Online as a UNM Graduate Student. You will submit the following with your application packet:
- A UNM Application for Admission
- Residency Form
- $50.00 application fee
- Two original, official, sealed transcripts from each school attended
- All Required Documentation as outlined above