Jump to navigation
Master's Thesis Checklist
- Student reviews documents and forms for MA Thesis guidelines, submissions, etc. at http://grad.unm.edu/resources/gs-forms/index.html
- Student identifies appropriate Faculty Chairperson.
- Student identifies appropriate committee members.
- Student files Thesis Committee Form with OILS office.
- Student turns in Intent to Graduate form (semester before graduation date).
- Student turns in Program of Studies Form (at least one semester before graduation semester).
- Student enrolls for 3 credits of OILS 599 during semester thesis proposal is started.
- Student completes proposal and sets up Thesis Proposal Hearing and contacts Program Coordinator to file required form.
- Thesis Committee meets for Proposal Hearing. Thesis Proposal Results form is signed and turned into OILS office and is placed in student’s file.
- Student prepares Institutional Review Board form and turns it in to The Human Subjects Committee.
- Student enrolls for 3 credits of OILS 599 until successfully defending the manuscript.
- Students turns in completed thesis to committee members at least two weeks in advance of defense date.
- Defense Results form is filed by Program Coordinator with Office of Graduate Studies at least two weeks prior to defense.
- Program Specialist posts Defense Hearing Announcement form at least two weeks prior to the Defense Hearing.
- Student turns in completed thesis to chair by eighth week of last semester.
- Faculty Chair reviews and returns completed thesis to student to be turned into the Office of Graduate Studies by ninth week of last semester.
- Student provides bound copy of thesis to all committee members and to the OILS Program Office by end of the last semester.
- Student's name is placed on graduation list by Program Coordinator.